Custom Design for Eco-Friendly Product
Regular readers of this Salazar Packaging blog know I often say one of the best things about being in our business and doing what we do is seeing new ideas and products before they are available to the public. Eddi is one of those new product lines we have enjoyed working on from the beginning. We are grateful they chose us to help them with their packaging design and manufacturing.
At a time when it seems that everyone is now into the fast-growing hand soap and sanitizing market, our friends at Eddi have introduced something truly unique.
Visit www.meeteddi.com for the whole story
Essentially in a market segment known to favor single-use, plastic, and glass bottles, Eddi has created a beautiful decorator line of reusable and refillable dispensers. The refill product is shipped in easily recycled aluminum containers. This is considered a good thing by eco-minded customers who know aluminum is much more likely to be recycled than glass or plastic.
The packaging design process
Usually, it begins with a video conference when we can see the products and meet the people involved in the project. One of the most important steps for us is learning what our client’s focus and priorities are. They may include:
- Product protection – how fragile the item being shipped
- Product presentation – what is the first thing you want your customers to see
- Packaging shipper type/style and dimensions
- Interior packaging required such as inserts, dividers, or partitions
- “Some assembly required” can be expensive with co-packer add on costs
- Inbound shipping cost to get the item to you or your pick and pack operation
- Outbound shipping costs to get the product to your customers.
- Sustainable packaging. How green do you want/need to be?
These are just the key things we must initially consider when helping any customer determine a path forward. It should not be overwhelming because most of the answers are a result of the brief initial conversation.
Just like we did for our friends at Eddi, we will help you determine what you want and need, and how much that will cost. Our most important goal is to help you make an informed decision so there are no surprises at the end. Check out their great-looking product designs at www.EddiProducts.com and contact us through this site or call us at 630-551-1700. We will be glad to help you through the process and help you produce an eye-catching Instagram-worthy shipping container. Remember, we will help create the unboxing experience you want.