In case you have not noticed, (we certainly have) there are a lot of people dabbling in packaging for e-commerce, and specifically branded packaging. As part of an extensive New Year market analysis we reviewed many of our competitors and compared our list of products and services to theirs.
What we found are a lot of good companies who do just a few things well and that is probably a wise approach for them, especially if they are relatively new to the industry. At our company, our principals have over sixty years of combined experience, our company is on the verge of celebrating our tenth anniversary and we are proud to say we are one of the pioneers in ecofriendly, custom printed e-commerce packaging. We are considered a market innovator, enhancing consumers unboxing experience before it became trendy or the WOW factor was labeled as such.
A Checklist to Help you Make a Good, Long-term Choice
Here are the specifics we suggest you compare and consider when searching for a new supplier to satisfy your e-commerce packaging needs:
- Does the potential supplier offer a selection of green, eco-friendly packaging options?
- Does the company offer a variety of branded packaging solutions such as mailer envelopes, and other styles/types of custom boxes such as rigid wall and folding paperboard?.
- In corrugated, do they have a variety of design options such as FOL, RSC, die cuts or book folds?
- Does the company have a variety of printing process options such as digital, flexographic or offset?
- Can they help guide you in terms of graphic design to maximize the impact and minimize prepress (plate/art) charges?
- Do they have the ability to create custom designs and sizes?
- Can they create custom internal packaging solutions for protection and presentation such as molded pulp, foam, die cut corrugated, etc?
- Have they helped create hundreds of successful, attractive e-commerce boxes? (Please see our web site gallery for examples)
All of the Above?
Few companies can claim a positive answer to all of the questions listed above but without hesitation we can. In this age when there are so many “specialists” focused on one thing, a broader and more experienced perspective can save you valuable time and money.
Will branded RSC boxes or mailer envelopes cost less to implement? How can you reduce your labor or shipping cost? What is the best way to cushion and protect your product? How can you best print your five color logo? Is digital the best print option for my graphic design?
Putting ink on a box is easy. Printing a great looking box is considerably more difficult and developing a perfect packaging solution or strategy is not something that everyone is equipped to do.
For “packaging that communicates” please feel free to contact us at Salazar Packaging or call us at 630-551-1700* for a no cost, no obligation review of your specific needs.
*Please note our new number